How’s your website doing? Are you satisfied with your amount of visitors?
There are many ways to drive traffic to your website. Here is a list of ten things to help pick up your traffic statistics. They aren’t in any particular order (well, except for number one) and this isn’t a top ten list. It is just some simple ways to drive traffic to your website.
11 Tips to Drive Traffic to Your Website
Publish great content. Although this should be obvious we would be lax in not making it number one on our list of how to drive more traffic to your website. Post new content every day for the best results. Make writing for the Internet part of your daily routine.
- Hire an editor. Even if you are a small-time blogger or business you can’t look at your content objectively after writing it. Have an editor proof-read your content. It is always worth it.
- Answer and ask questions on forums that are related to your niche. Be a considerate forum member. I’m amazed at some of the meanness that goes on in some forums.
- Comment on other blogs that interest you and have to do with your website subject. Read the blog post first. I’ve seen too many comments that don’t have any significant relevance to the post subject matter. Make your comments relevant and more than just a “great post” type of thing.
- Share your presentations and collateral material on sites like Scribd, Slideshare, and MyDocStoc. This can help raise awareness of your brand and expose you to potential new customers and new markets.
- Make videos and post them on YouTube and other video websites. You don’t need to be a professional video maker for this. You can create simple slideshow type videos with Windows Live Movie Maker, Animoto and many other free softwares. If you don’t have a YouTube channel yet be sure to do start one. You are best to upload to YouTube and then embed the video on your website.
- Remove all broken links on your site. There are several websites that will run this task for you. BrokenLinkCheck.com is just one. It works like a charm and shows you on what page of your site there is a broken link and exactly where on the page too. Set a regularly scheduled time to do this. If you post frequently, check it frequently.
- Build relationships with the top people in your area of expertise. This may take some time but is completely worth it. Comment on their blog posts. Mention them on your website and link back to them. If you can get an interview with them you can get some sure fire traffic to your website.
- Write and distribute press releases. Press releases consistently rank high in search engine results. Make sure your press release is about an actual news item. Some suggestions are: a new client, new website, new executive on your team, or new business partnership.
- Have social sharing buttons in easy to use locations. Make it easy for others to share your content. Google is taking notice of how many shares and likes you have on pages and posts. Encourage your readers to share.
- Write kick ass titles. Titles are your first chance to interest people in learning more. Make sure your title tells what your content is about. Be different. Stand out. Drive traffic to your website.
These are just a few things to get your website traffic ramped up. Be professional but allow yourself to have fun. You will soon lose interest in your site if you are not enjoying the process.
How many of these things do you do to drive traffic to your website? What things work best for you? Let us know in the comment section below.